USB hub 2.0 6-Port, 2 control inputs, switchable
You only activate the equipment you really need in that given moment. That way, you save energy, protect your hardware and your computer’s performance is not compromised.
The USB hub can be operated on the USB host alone (bus-powered) or with the use of a 5 VDC power supply with an output power of at least 16 W or an output current of at least 3.2 A (self-powered), what is enough for 500 mA output current at each USB port. For the maximum output current of 5 A, a 5.2 A (26 W) power supply is needed (not included in delivery). The device automatically detects and switches between bus-powered and self-powered modes.
This USB hub has six USB 2.0 downstream ports that can be turned on and off individually via USB. When they are turned off, the power supply (+5 V) and the data lines are isolated by semiconductor switches. Control is provided via ASCII commands or by the Toolmonitor USB hub, which is included in delivery in the form of a USB memory stick. If and when ports are active after the device is turned on can be configured and stored. The USB 2.0 host connection is usually also used to control the USB hub. Alternatively, control also can be provided from another host using the additional USB 2.0 connection on the back. In addition to this control via USB, ports can alternatively also be turned on and off via external control inputs.
Connecting or disconnecting the external power supply resets the USB hub, and the ports switch to their different default states.The connection for the external power supply is a DC connector. The polarity is arbitrary. COM/DCOM or a .Net-Assembly is used as an interface. This allows the Toolmonitor USB hub to be integrated in a large number of applications (MCD TestManager CE, LabView®, Microsoft Visual Studio® (C#, C++, Visual Basic), Microsoft Office® (e.g. Excel®), OpenOffice®). This USB hub 2.0 6-Port can also be implemented for Linux operating systems, if required. Control via virtual serial interface is also possible.
- On and off via USB ports
- Separation of power supply and data lines by a turned-off port
- Current measurement at each USB port (about 10 mA resolution)
- Configurable current limit for each port possible
- LEDs to indicate switched ports
- Automatic detection and switching between bus- and self-powered modes
- Automatic shut-off of congested USB ports by resettable overload shutdown
- Back feed from the power supply to the USB host
- Robust metal housing
- User-defined labeling of USB hub to distinguish from other USB hubs on the controlling host
- USB compliant renumbering of hub and connected devices when connecting or disconnecting the power supply
- Remote control with a lot of operating systems or programming languages via ASCII commands
- External operating voltage inquired with high current
USB hub 2.0 6-Port, switchable (2 control inputs)
Order number: 122536
USB hub 2.0 6-Port,
2 control inputs, switchable
msi-Datei | 17.8 MB
Version 126.96.36.199 - 24.03.2016
Manual USB hub 6-Port,
2 control inputs
pdf-Datei | 1.0 MB
manual usb-hub-2.0-6-port 2controlinputs mcd.pdf