USB hub 6-Port, switchable
You only activate the equipment you really need in that given moment. That way, you save energy, protect your hardware and your computer’s performance is not compromised.
The USB hub has six downstream ports, which can be individually switched on and off via USB. When switching it off, the supply voltage (+5 V) and the data lines on the semiconductor switches are separated. Ports one to four are turned off after a reset, whereas five and six are turned on (for keyboard, mouse, etc.). The hub can operate solely on the USB host (bus-powered), or in addition with a 5 VDC power supply with at least 17 W output power or output current of 3.3 A (self-powered). Connection or disconnection of the external power supply resets the stroke and the switch ports in their default state. The connector for the external power supply is a DC device socket. The polarity is arbitrary. For third-party software, the Toolmonitor USB hub, which is included in delivery in the form of an USB memory stick, can be completely remote controlled. COM/DCOM or a .Net-Assembly is used as an interface. This allows the Toolmonitor USB hub to be integrated in a large number of applications (MCD TestManager CE, LabView®, Microsoft Visual Studio® (C#, C++, Visual Basic), Microsoft Office® (e.g. Excel®), OpenOffice®).
The MCD Toolmonitor USB hub serves as an operator interface for the MCD USB hubs.
- On and off via USB ports
- Separation of power supply and data lines by a turned-off port
- LEDs to indicate switched ports
- Automatic detection and switching between bus- and self-powered
- USB compliant renumbering of hub and connected devices when connecting or disconnecting the power supply
- Back feed from the power supply to the USB host
- Automatic shut-off of congested USB ports with notification of USB hosts
- Robust metal housing
- Installation package with all programming interfaces
- External operating voltage only if high current is needed
USB hub 2.0 6-Port, switchable
Order number: 119102